Friday, 4 January 2013

Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting

cupcake

I decided to make chocolate, peanut butter cupcakes topped with reese's pieces for my brother. He absolutely loves peanut butter and chocolate, so does Daniel. So these obviously didn't last five minutes. I'm pretty sure the dogs were eyeing them up too..

What you will need: 
what you will need

Betty crocker cake mix, 3 medium eggs, sunflower oil, icing sugar, peanut butter, milk, unsalted butter 

Place the cake mix, 250ml of water, 3 medium sized eggs, 6tbsp of sunflower oil and mix until the mixture is nice and smooth. This takes quite a bit of elbow grease but I don't like using electric whisks I have visions of the mixture ending up all over the kitchen. But if you're not afraid of electric whisks by all means go ahead.. I then scooped the mixture into two silicone cupcake trays. This mixture made 12 cupcakes in total.

chocolate cupcakes

Preheat the oven to 180 and leave to bake for 20 minutes. ( the iPhone timer app comes in handy at this point) Leave the cakes to cool then you should have something which looks like this! The thing I love about Betty crocker cake mix is the mixture is always nice and moist. Whilst the cakes are cooling it's time to make the frosting...

peanut butterfrosting

Drool.. to make this delicious peanut butter icing you will need 115g of butter (softened) I used 150g of crunchy peanut butter, you can use more if you want but I'm glad I didn't as the peanut butter flavour was very strong with the 150g of peanut butter I used! Add 240g of icing sugar and stir.. I added semi skimmed milk as needed..

cupcake2

I then decorated the 12 cupcakes with generous helpings of peanut butter frosting and topped with reese's pieces to finish them off. I hope my brother likes them! Daniel sure did! What do you guys think?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

48 lovely comments:

  1. These look simply delicious - I love anything with peanut butter.

    Hannah www.cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a peanut butter junkie, so I'll definitely be giving these a go - they look amazing xx

    thesimplelifeofemma.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peanut butter but I never would have thought of peanut butter icing! Gonna have to give that a go x
    britishbeautygeek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing! I'm yet to cook with peanut butter but using it as an icing seems a good starting point x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look and sound so freaking yummy! It's making me hungry just looking at them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! I need to try these!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love peanut butter! These look great! xo

    iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, these cupcakes look lovely. I may have to get my bake on now and try them out.
    jellybeancloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious!! I love peanut butter icing!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious I feel like running out to the shops right now and buying all those ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pictures. Looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look so so so good! Ahhh, I'm going to have to make some of my own now. I wish I could get away with using ready mixed cake stuff, but I'm allergic to eggs so it makes my life waay too difficult!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this looks delicious!! I want to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are making me hungry!x

    www.rebekahsdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. these look divine!

    holding a GIVEAWAY at my blog
    5 year Q&A journal

    nmcnails.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look amazing, I must try them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This would be perfect for me - I LOVE reese's pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! I love baking and not many bloggers post recipes like this :) I'll definitely be trying this out! xo

    robsarellax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look amazing! I'll have to give them a go xx

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. YUMMMMM These look and sound so so good!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. foodgasmic as usual <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh my this looks fabulous! definitely need to try this :) Mmm

    xoVictoria

    linen-lace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look amazing! I love your food posts :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my dream cupcake! love peanut butter these look so tasty xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my! These look lovely! I've never made peanut butter icing before, but I definitely will be in the future after reading this post!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. They look lush lovely I'm just not a fan of peanut butter but still they look amazing and bet the chocolate sponge is scrumptious!

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is making me drool! How yummy do they look, need to try this (although Sam may not be as keen!) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. These remind me of the peanut butter cupcakes that I had from Sprinkles a little while ago, it was so delicious! I'm going to have to try and make these sometime soon.
    xo, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yum! My tummy is rumbling. Will have try making these :) x

    sorandomtoday.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I eat peanut butter out of the jar so this is right up my street! I really fancy making some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mmmh that looks yummy!!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. mmm, they look delicious



    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow, these look amazing! I always love your recipes Becky, thank you for sharing another with us :)
    I hope you're having a lovely week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. i love your recipes. they're foolproof and so easy and so tasty! love these posts :)
    http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely and sinful! I'm going to make cookies to stock up the empty cookie jars at home soon! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  36. These look delicious! Love these posts and your photos are always beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look amazing! I'm now craving cake.

    Have a beautiful day

    http://britishrandomnesss.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my gosh! This is like heaven in a cake case... I could so demolish some of these right now :) xx
    Gem | MissMakeupMagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. They look amazing! I was thinking of making peanut butter cakes this morning but my brother doesn't like it (?!). I always love your baking posts, and you photograph your food so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. hi becky, i found your blog through Fee from makeupsavvy's blog recommendations in her recent post, and i'm so glad she gave you a shoutout coz i absolutely love your blog. everything looks so adorable and i can't wait to catch up on your older posts, newest follower here :)

    rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  41. You have to stop posting these... making me SERIOUSLY HUNGRY! haha :)

    www.tinytwisst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh wow these look yummy!! Never actually tried Betty Crocker cake mix, I usually make mine from scratch but these look so yummy and moist I may have to try them! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  43. they look delicious , i just cant make cakes LOl .

    I love youe blog *-*

    ReplyDelete
  44. These look incredible, I'm most definitely going to be trying these out!

    ReplyDelete

I will try and reply to all comments asap, if you want to ask me a question feel free to message me on twitter @milkbubbletea