Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Hello January!

8316975003_456b2bff0d_z

Hello. I hope you all had a lovely time celebrating new years! I can't believe January is here and we're into 2013. I don't really like making 'resolutions' I like to think of them as little life changes for the better. They're easier to stick to when there's no super strict rules to follow I find. So here's a few positive life changes I'm hoping to make throughout January. 

lookafter my skinmore

1. Look after my skin a little bit more. I have been loving 'scrub your nose in it' by Soap & glory. It really cleans my pores and has a lovely fresh minty scent. If you leave a thin layer on it doubles up as a face mask too. Definitely recommend it if you suffer from oily skin and large pores. It didn't dry out my cheeks either! 

bakemoreoften

2. Learn to bake properly. Daniel bought me this Hummingbird Bakery baking book as a Christmas gift after visiting a store in London and eating the most delicious cupcakes ever! I'm excited to (learn how to) bake from scratch and post more yummy baking posts in the future hopefully..

readmorebooks

3. Read more books. I love books. I don't think I could ever get a Kindle. I know they're handy but I love the feel and smell of a real book (sad, I know.) I'm going to try and read a few chapters every night before bed if possible. Who am I kidding? I'm such a night owl lately I'll probably end up finishing a whole book.

danielandI

4. Appreciate the little moments. I have this terrible habit of letting moments pass me by. Instead of enjoying them I will be too busy instagram-ing it or fumbling around with my camera trying to take a picture of it. So this year I'm going to try and enjoy moments for me, if I don't take the perfect picture it doesn't matter because I will have gotten to enjoy that moment for myself.

Are you setting any goals for yourself for 2013? Let me know :) I hope this year is full off happiness for you all.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

53 lovely comments:

  1. Great goals, good luck with them :D I wrote a whole page of little personal goals yesterday to try and make 2013 a great year!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you with your last resolution - appreciate the little moments. Sometimes I find myself so wrapped up in technology that I forget to spend my precious spare time with my loved ones. Cheesy but true! I'm determined to try harder this year.

    Hannah www.cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is such a lovely post :) I love the last picture & the photo frame :) I'm the same when it comes to seizing the moment as i like to take pictures lol :P

    I'm currently reading the perks of being a wallflower & i want to read one day even though i've seen it on dvd, defeats the purpose but hey-ho i'm a bookworm haha

    I hope you have a lovely year this year :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make more time to read books! I love completing them! Perks Of Being A Wallflower has to be one of my all time favourites too!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love the last one!
    I need to do more of those :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to read more books too! I only read about two last year, one of them being a diet book, which is a bit shocking. I love Scrub your nose in it too :)

    Hope your resolutions go well, and happy new year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hummingbird Bakery book is amazing, I love it! Enjoy your baking :)
    I'm hoping to read a bit more too, I've found I've stopped reading fiction as I feel guilty reading things that aren't for Uni but I really miss getting lost in a different world every now and then.

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Becky! The last picture of the the photo in a frame is just too cute for words!

    Samya Says

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! My 2013 goal is to start blogging! So I started my blog yesterday and have many posts planned! Btw, I LOVE that diary so another goal is to get one for 2014, haha!!

    http://a-paige-at-a-time.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=c1554d9dbc92d2d5

    Paige xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. your photographs are always so lovely! great resolutions, I know what you mean about the books, I will never stop buying hard copies they smell so good! Happy New Year Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! I love buying hard copies too.
    Katie xx
    http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this...I will always be a person that buys hard copies too...I love having a book collection.
    That picture of you and your boy is so adorable
    xx
    my goals http://www.miabellaluna.com/2012/12/tonight-im-gonna-dance.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine are the same as yours. My rents got me Jamie Oliver's cook book cause I'm so bad at cooking :(

    GIVEAWAY on my blog 5 year jounal
    nmcnails.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days book, I highly recommend the apple crumble cake. I rarely make it anymore because its too nice to have at home. Meaning it lasts about a day :)
    Nikki Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely post! I hope to do the same things as you, minus cooking as I don't really enjoy it as much as I should. Maybe my goal should be to learn to enjoy baking, rather than finding it a chore? x

    http://onewaybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet! Good luck with all these goals. I can't wait to see what you bake, if you end up sharing it! I have a Nook Tablet, and while I love it for watching movies/reading some little books/ebooks I still can't get over buying new (or used) books. Happy New Year! xo, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely post! Really love the way you edit your pictures they look so vintage and sweet! Love this post! Hope you have a great year!

    http://prowsed.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. What camera do you use to take your photos? They always look so lovely. I've set some New Year's resolutions too, but I hadn't thought about reading more, I think I'll do that too!

    Happy new year, I hope it's a good one for you.

    ablogbykeera.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! I hate making new years resolutions as you always feel so guilty the moment you break them - I like your way of thinking about them though. I'm definitely going to try and be a little healthier this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. aw, lovely resolutions becky :) especially appriciating the little things, i think far too many of us forget to do this.
    happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are so right about the kindle, I always think that having a hard copy of a book in your hand is much more special.

    www.roseanddoe.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your last one, I'm sure lots of us can relate to it! Also I love your little quote you have beside the picture of you and your boyfriend, so cute! <3

    Happy new year!
    xxx

    http://blondie-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love books too! Most of my Christmas presents were books this year... most of my birthday presents were books too - still working through them :)

    I've both of the Hummingbird bakery cookbooks too, and they are brilliant, they are my go to baking books, you'll love it :)

    I don't make resolutions because I break them, but sadly I do need to start eating less, and eating more healthily, did it before chrimbo, but put loads of weight back on now, I wouldn't normally make it a priority, but I've got a wedding dress to fit into this year! :)

    Appreciating the little moments is a lovely goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a lovely post! One of my biggest things is always to take care of my skin and try some soap & glory products! I too need to read and have more focused time! Have a great month! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute Calendar :)
    - x Cerys x -

    http://thefashionpalace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great goals! I'm with the same with books, I like the idea of a kindle, but I much prefer the feel and smell of a real book in my hands.

    Have a beautiful day

    http://britishrandomnesss.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the last one :) I saw someeone on twitter say that people need to spend less time instagramming and actually enjoy things, and it is so true!
    I want to read more too. I'm a kindle owner but definitely see what you mean about real books. I still buy them sometimes, especially when going on holiday as I'd worry about leaving my kindle by the pool!
    I have a few goals. I'd like to find a new job, one I'm happier in. And I want to try something new :) And also save lots!
    Sorry, I've rambled on a bit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. your photos are always so gorgeous! how do you do it :) great resolutions too. i wish you all the best for 2013 :)
    http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your last resolution! I think so many people are guilty of trying to capture the moments without managing to truly appreciate and enjoy them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. I definitely want to read more too, I have a huge stack of books to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  31. We have the same goal when it comes to reading :) Lovely post and good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A lovely post! I want to start reading more; I spend so much time reading blogs, I really want to get back to reading books again x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely goals! I'm aiming to read more books and learn how to bake too :)
    Rachelle x
    inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good luck with your goals! I've set myself one to read more books too, because I forgot how much I love reading :) x

    awhimsicalwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. Eek that last resolution makes me heart melt :) its so true that we get caught up in technology that we sometimes forget about the awesome things actually happening right in front of us! Good luck! Xx



    http://abrunetteinthecity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your posts are always so sweet. This year i decide not to make any goals! Because LIFE always do the best anyway, so this year i just want to breath!!!))) Wish all your dreams for 2013 will come true

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love Soap & Glory products, they smell so nice! I also was given this cake book for Christmas. I love it! x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely post - and gorgeous pictures as always. Nice resolutions too - read more is a great one. Mine are to drink more water, wear more varied outfits and stop biting my nails!!

    Hope I can stick to them

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  39. I totally agree with your last life change!

    To remember the good things that happen this year I'm making a New Year's jar where I write down all the good times I experience, then put them into a jar. At the end of the year I can look back over them all and see the amazing things I've done.

    www.somethingaboutadaisy.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. You have some great resolutions there, the last one is especially lovely.

    You'll have so much fun with the Hummingbird bakery book, I absolutely adore mine. x

    ReplyDelete
  41. What wonderful goals!! I want to learn to bake more too & enjoy the lil moments!! I read One Day and it's really a beautiful lil book!! =)

    Happy New Year!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  42. Soap and Glory is my all time favourite brand!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi ! your blog is very lovely !
    may I know where do you get your template from ? thank you :) x
    comelycobber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. One of my resolutions is to read more books too! I think I stopped reading them because I didn't have space for them all and I found them really daunting but I actually got a Kindle for Christmas and it's really encouraged me to read more! I've just finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I loved it, need to see the film now! It would be lovely to hear more of your book recommendations on your blog as you read them as I never know what to read!

    Love your blog as always! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  45. I purchased some Soap And Glory products on amazon (don't available in french shops ) and i'm sooo excited about try them!! I hope they'll arrive quickly!

    your pictures are just so lovely, you make everything seem beautiful!

    i didn't take any resolutions this year except work harder in school, because i'm now working for my art university exams and it's really really hard to learn everything....i should have done this before

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. I adore your blog, you have such brilliant content.

    Also wow, that diary is the best diary I have ever seen, so jealous.

    Allie x

    rushandteal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  47. Nice blog! I love Soap and Glory's Flake Away body exfoliator!

    Check me out at: www.dollarfoolishclosetwise.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. These a such great resolutions! I'm so lazy with my skin, I really need to look after it better to and need to be stricter about reading, I always end up watching tv when I go to bed!! Have fun with the book, looking forward to seeing some of your yummy creations!! The enjoying moments is spot on, I think all of us need to live in the moment a bit more. XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  49. think i may have to add number 4 to my list. so so true and then you miss out on so much potential positivity.

    http://sequinremedy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I will try and reply to all comments asap, if you want to ask me a question feel free to message me on twitter @milkbubbletea